South Bay Elementary School Resources
On this page you will hopefully find the resources you need. If you can't find what you need please look at each school's individual web site, as information and policies can vary between schools. If there is a resource you would like to see online, please contact our webmaster.
New School Newspaper Available Online
Welcome to the South Bay Anchor!. This publication belongs to the students. The newspaper staff developed the name, the layout, the stories, and all the amazing ideas you see in front of you, and they did it all for you: the students of South Bay Middle School. The teachers, parents, and younger grades will read it, too, but this is meant to be a space filled with the things you like and care about, so please keep coming back and let us know how we're doing. At the bottom of every page, you'll see a space to submit comments, story ideas, questions for our advice columnists, and feedback. One of our editors will check those submissions every day, so if you talk, we'll listen. Thanks for reading our first issue; we hope you love it as much as we do!
The South Bay Anchor is here.
These are the revised bus schedules for the 2013-2014 school year. Click here to see the desired schedule or download a printable copy of the schedule.
Family Handbook Available Now
The South Bay Union School District 2014 - 2015 Family Handbook For Pine Hill Elementary School is now ready for distribution. You can get a pdf of the Family handbook here.
Use the school menu page to view the school breakfast and lunch menus online or you can download them and print them at home.
Registrations for 2014-2015 School Year Still Being Accepted
South Bay Union School District in Eureka is accepting applications for kindergarten registration at Pine Hill School (K-3rd) and middle school registration at South Bay School (4th-8th) for the 2013-14 school year. Click here to go to our registration page. The office is open from 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. If you have any questions you can call the school office at 707-443-4828. Click here to download the 7-8 charter school brochure.
Parents Can Now View Child's Grades 24/7 with engrade
South Bay School teachers are now using the engrade online grading system. Parents can contact Patty Valtenbergs to request a student account code. After receiving the account code, parents can set up a password that will allow them to access their child's grades online 24/7.
If you have an account code and a password, you can click here to login.
Download the September 2013 newsletter here.
Download the South Bay School (4-6) and the South Bay Middle School (7-8) bell schedule.
Class Web Sites
Teachers are encouraged to create class web sites to enhance home/school communication.
This is a movie of a cheerleading routine of the South Bay Middle School cheerleaders at a competition in Crescent City in March of 2013.
We recognize that it is not always possible to get to the office during working hours and that parents do not always receive papers that are given to their children to take home. With this in mind, we will be striving to make most documents available online in pdf format.
- South Bay Union School District Mission Statement
- South Bay School expectation for behavior on campus poster is here.
- Registration form for Pine Hill or South Bay Schools. It is also available in Spanish language.
- South Bay Middle School registration form
- Letter to parents about Free and Reduced cost lunch program is here.
- Application for Free and Reduced cost lunch program is here.
- Directory Release Refusal form
- Consent to Administer Medication at School or Child Care form is here.
- Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit
- Classroom Assignment - Parent Request Form
- The 2014-2015 school year calendar
- South Bay School 2014-2015 Family Handbook is here.
- Volunteer Handbook & Volunteer registration form
- 7 Tips To Help Your Child Succeed In School
- Tips For A Productive Parent/Teacher Conference
- Textbooks used by the SBUSD
- Wellness Policy
- Comprehensive School Safety Plan
- Transportation Safety Plan is here.
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Bullying Policy
- Internet Use Policy & Acceptable User Policy - Internet use by student
- Voluntary Sports Activity Waiver (JPA-5) in English or Spanish
- Field Trip Tag-a-long policy
- Form to request the use of facilities.
- The South Bay School Plan for 2013-2014 is here.
- The Education Protection Account Program report is here.
- The Uniform Complaint Procedure 2014-15 Annual Notice is here.
- Uniform Complaint Procedures are here.
- Williams Act Complaint Form is here.
- Williams Complaint Form SPANISH is here.
- South Bay Elementary School Accountability Report Card (SARC).
- South Bay Middle School School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
- A map of the South Bay Union School District boundries.
- Board of Trustees meetings and agendas
- Halloween Resources
- History Day 2013 flyer
- Web Posting Required for 2013-14 Economic Impact Aid Funding Pursuant to Senate Bill 754 (Chapter 573, Statutes of 2012)
School Board Meetings and Agendas
The South Bay Union School Distrcit (SBUSD) Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of the month with meetings alternating between Pine Hill and South Bay schools. Information about the members can be found on the Contact page. The agendas for the meetings are posted at least 24 hours before each meeting. Click here to visit the school board page.
School Site Council