South Bay Elementary School Resources
On this page you will hopefully find the resources you need. If you can't find what you need please look at each school's individual web site, as information and policies can vary between schools. If there is a resource you would like to see online, please contact our webmaster.
Registrations for 2013-2014 School Year Now Being Accepted
South Bay Union School District in Eureka is accepting applications for kindergarten registration at Pine Hill School (K-3rd) and middle school registration at South Bay School (4th-8th) for the 2013-14 school year. Click here to go to our registration page. The office is open from 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. If you have any questions you can call the school office at 707-443-4828. Click here to download the 7-8 charter school brochure.
Parents Can Now View Child's Grades 24/7 with engrade
South Bay School teachers are now using the engrade online grading system. Parents can contact Patty Valtenbergs to request a student account code. After receiving the account code, parents can set up a password that will allow them to access their child's grades online 24/7.
If you have an account code and a password, you can click here to login.
Download the South Bay School (4-6) and the South Bay Middle School (7-8) bell schedule.
These are the tenative bus schedules for the 2012-2013 school year. Please be aware that changes might be made after the school year starts to make the bus runs more efficient and to better serve our families in the safest manner possible. Click here to see the desired schedule or download a printable copy of the schedule.
Class Web Sites
Teachers are encouraged to create class web sites to enhance home/school communication.
This is a movie of a cheerleading routine of the South Bay Middle School cheerleaders at a competition in Crescent City in March of 2013.
History Day 2013
The Humboldt County Office of Education, Rising Stars Foundation and Humboldt State Universit are sponsoring the annual History Day competition which is scheduled to be held at Founder's Hall at Humboldt State University on February 2, 2013. This year's theme is Turning Points in History: People, Ideas, and Events. It is open to students in Grades 4-12. All registration and payments must be completed online between December 1 - January 18 using www.HumboldtHistoryDay.com. The Humboldt History Day website has the required registration link as well as links to rules, topic ideas, and a suggested timeline for teachers.
All students MUST pre-register by midnight on Friday, January 18. No student fees this year! Instead, all registered students will receive a personalized confirmation contract in the mail from HCOE, which MUST be signed and returned to HCOE. Teachers, students, family members: Need help with History Day? Contact us: Humboldt County History Day Coordinators: Anne Hartline 822-1161, email@example.com or Jamie Bush 599-5248, firstname.lastname@example.org The Humboldt History Day web site is www.humboldthistoryday.com.The California History Day web site is http://ca.nhd.org/. The National History Da web site is www.nationalhistoryday.org. Click here to download a flyer.
We recognize that it is not always possible to get to the office during working hours and that parents do not always receive papers that are given to their children to take home. With this in mind, we will be striving to make most documents available online in pdf format.
- South Bay Union School District Mission Statement
- Registration form for Pine Hill or South Bay Schools. It is also available in Spanish language.
- South Bay Middle School registration form
- Directory Release Refusal form
- Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit
- Classroom Assignment - Parent Request Form
- The 2021-2013 school year calendar
- South Bay School Student Handbook.
- Volunteer Handbook & Volunteer registration form
- 7 Tips To Help Your Child Succeed In School
- Tips For A Productive Parent/Teacher Conference
- Textbooks used by the SBUSD
- Wellness Policy
- Comprehensive School Safety Plan
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Bullying Policy
- Internet Use Policy & Acceptable User Policy - Internet use by student
- Voluntary Sports Activity Waiver (JPA-5) in English or Spanish
- Field Trip Tag-a-long policy
- Form to request the use of facilities.
- The Williams Act Settlement provide notice to pupils, parents/guardians, and teachers of their complaint rights. Click here to download a Williams Act complaint form.
- South Bay Elementary School Accountability Report Card (SARC).
- South Bay Middle School School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
- A map of the South Bay Union School District boundries.
- Board of Trustees meetings and agendas
- Halloween Resources
- History Day 2013 flyer
- Web Posting Required for 2013-14 Economic Impact Aid Funding Pursuant to Senate Bill 754 (Chapter 573, Statutes of 2012)
School Board Meetings and Agendas
The South Bay Union School Distrcit (SBUSD) Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of the month with meetings alternating between Pine Hill and South Bay schools. Information about the members can be found on the Contact page. The agendas for the meetings are posted at least 24 hours before each meeting. Click here to visit the school board page.
School Site Council