Welcome To South Bay Elementary & Middle Schools
South Bay School (4-8) is the home of the Sharks. South Bay School functions as one program, but it is really made up of two school programs: the 4th-6th grade elementary program with about 175 students and the 7th and 8th grade charter middle school with about 90 students. Combined, the total enrollment is approximately 265 students.
South Bay School is located on the southern end of Eureka, conveniently located off Highway 101, Exit 700 (King Salmon). We offer a wide array of programs, yet our small size enables us to maintain close relationships with our students. South Bay is a full-service community school and the staff works closely with our families and community resources in pursuit of the long-term goal of improving academic performance.
South Bay School District is dedicated to educating the whole child. We offer a quality standards-based educational program, an after school program with academic-focused enrichment, school counseling, Healthy Start, up-to-date libraries, state of the art technology, comprehensive music program, an interscholastic sports program for grades 5-8, and before and after school bus services. We have recently added new playgrounds at both schools, and a new gym floor at South Bay School. Our food service program provides a free, healthy breakfast to every student, and a quality lunch program that includes fresh fruit and salad bar, and a nutritious supper to students in the after school program.
We are proud of our schools and encourage you to look around our website, or even better, stop by one of our great schools and we would be happy to show you around. South Bay Union School District is a wonderful place for your child to learn and grow!
Paul Meyers, Superintendent
News for South Bay Elementary & Middle Schools
Parent Information Night onTuesday, Feb. 4 @ 6pm
SOUTH BAY MIDDLE SCHOOL
TUE. FEBRUARY 4 @ 6:00 PM
- You and your 6th or 7th grade student are cordially invited to attend a presentation about South Bay Middle School, a technology-based, academically challenging program for 7th and 8th graders.
- South Bay Middle School is in its third year of operation and has a current enrollment of 82 students. We are now accepting students for the 2014-15 school year.
- Come and learn about our program, meet our outstanding teaching staff, and get your questions answered.
- Information Night will be held in the gym.
- Dessert will be served. Registration packets will be available.
Questions? Call Gary Storts, Principal at 443-4828
Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Schedule Change Continues
Hello South Bay and Pine Hill Families,
Unfortunately one of our school busses is in need of some major repairs, and it will not be available for the remainder of the week. The District understands how important school bus transportation is to our families. We have worked really hard, and have come up with a plan that will not exclude any of our students from taking the bus to school or home. Please make sure to check your child’s backpack for the updated bus schedule so you can get to the bus stops on time, as the pick-up and drop off times have changed to accommodate this bus shortage. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
To download the alternate bus schedules go here.
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
South Bay School expectation for behavior on campus.
Table of Contents
- Prepare today's students to succeed in tomorrow's world by doing the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing school environment
- Instill the basic skills necessary to prepare students for secondary education
- Instill in students a sense of global awareness and civic responsibility
- Instill in students problem solving skill in a technological world and a desire to become lifelong learners.