Welcome To South Bay Elementary & Middle Schools
On-Line & Front Office Credit Card Payment Options
At the request of many of our valued parents & guardians, SBUSD is taking a step into the 21st Century and offering on-line and in office credit card payments options.
If you have any questions, please call either of our outstanding front office secretaries.
Pine Hill & South Bay After School EXPLORE EXPANDED
Lunch – Full Price
Lunch – Reduced Price
2014-15 South Bay School Yearbooks are on SALE!
Hello SBUSD Parents & Guardians. 2014-15 yearbooks are now on-sale for the SUGGESTED price of $10. The SUGGESTED price will assist SBUSD by off-setting the printing price.
Don't miss an opportunity to invest in a beautiful quality yearbook. Payments may be made by cash, credit card (on-line or in the front office), or by check made payable to South Bay Union School DIstrict. Each SBSUD student WILL receive a yearbook this year, but the SUGGESTED price would be greatly appreciated and will be necessary in 2015-16. If you have questions please call our wonderful secretaries, Debbie (PH) at 443-4596 or Diane (SB) at 443-4828.
Suggested Price - $10 to help off-set printing costs. Yearbooks will be available the last week of school.
PH Yearbook: http://mkt.com/southbayusd/yearbook-pine-hill
SB Yearbook: http://mkt.com/southbayusd/yearbooks-south-bay
PTO Meeting To Plan Carnival on Tuesday, May 19
Hello SBUSD Families. Our South Bay and Pine Hill Parent-Teacher Organization seeks to fill the position of President, Treasurer, and Secretary for the 2015-16 school year. This committee, alongside SBUSD teachers and administration, organizes several family and community events. All the money raised through the PTO gets redistributed directly to our SBUSD students. Please contact co-Presidents, Alicia Jimenez at 601-0621, or Bao Syphanthong at 498-9845 with questions. We wish to thank the outgoing officers for their year of deciation and service to the PTO.
Attached you will find the agenda for the Tuesday, May 19 PTO Meeting at the South Bay Library beginning at 6:15PM. We look forward to seeing you. Child care and a light dinner will be provided.
Newly Adopted Interdistrict Attendance (IDA) Policy
Monday, February 9, 2015
Dear SBUSD Families,
The South Bay Union School District is clearly a school of choice in the Eureka area. Approximately 30% of our students reside outside of our district boundaries. Student achievement, as well as student enrollment have seen continued growth over the last several years. As a result of our recent successes, SBUSD is reaching our student carrying capacity. Simply put, if we continue to grow at our current rate, we will have too many students and not enough classrooms.
Thursday, February 5, 2015, the SBUSD Governing Board updated our Interdistrict Student Acceptance board policies and administrative regulations. Changes to SBUSD Interdistrict Agreement policies and regulations are detailed below:
- The Superintendent shall by January 31 of each year, estimate how much excess capacity may exist to accept out-of-district students for the preceding school year.
2015-16 Interdistrict Carrying Capacity by Grade-Level
Transitional Kindergarten – 6 out of district seats available
Kindergarten – 9 out of district seats available
1st Grade - FULL
2nd Grade - 13 out of district seats available
3rd Grade - FULL
4th Grade - FULL
5th Grade - FULL
6th Grade - FULL
- When the projected enrollment of a school exceeds the school's published capacity, the school will be declared "closed" to out-of-district students.
Interdistrict Transfer Application Process
- The District shall communicate and follow the District-adopted timeline for accepting and responding to transfer applications.
- Window 1: February 1 – February 28
- Window 2: March 1 – March 30
- Window 3: August 30 – Current School Year
- Order of Consideration will be based on date/time of district receipt
- A non-biased lottery system will be established once capacity has been reached
- Applications will be considered in accordance with the application window periods in which the application is submitted.
- Continuing interdistrict transfer applications will fill available slots before new applications.
- Continuing transfer applicants who do not meet the application timeline will be required to reapply as new applicants.
- Priority admittance will be given to siblings of students who are currently enrolled in the district, provided available capacity exists within the grade level.
- Accepted new applicants must confirm their intention to attend the school by returning their completed transfer contract to the District Office according to the District-adopted timeline. Failure to do so will result in cancelation of the accepted transfer application.
- If all available slots are filled for the next school year, a lottery system will determine the order in which approved applications will fill slots that open up.
- If multiple application windows are made available for new transfer applications, all applicants in the lottery system from the previous window will be considered to fill available slots before those who applied in a subsequent application window.
- Current school year transfer applications will be approved on a space-available basis.
The full version of BP 5117, BP 5117.1, AR 5117 and exhibit 1-2 can be viewed on the Pine Hill, South Bay, our the District web page.
If you have any questions regarding Interdistrict Agreements, please contact me at your convenience. I can be reached at (707) 476-8549 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Bay Union School District
Budget Workshop PowerPoints
Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given by Lyn Kerr
Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given by Gary Storts
School Board Head Lice Policy Revised
At their October 9th meeting, the South Bay Union School District revised their no nit head lice policy. You can view a copy of the revised policy here.
Revised 2014-2015 Handbooks Now Online
The Parent/Student Handbook for Grades 4-8 in the school year 2014-2015 is now available online. You can download a copy here.
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
South Bay School expectation for behavior on campus.
- Prepare today's students to succeed in tomorrow's world by doing the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing school environment
- Instill the basic skills necessary to prepare students for secondary education
- Instill in students a sense of global awareness and civic responsibility
- Instill in students problem solving skill in a technological world and a desire to become lifelong learners.